
I was so excited this morning to join this Sepia Saturday Meme but I didn't have old photos nor postcards of my grandparents and relatives with the topic of reading books so I opted to decline for this week.
Yet towards mid-morning, a friend "liked" one photo on my facebook photo album so this gave me ideas. It's as if I said "Eureka!" because right there was the kind of photo I've been frantically looking for! :)
This photo was taken during my college days at the Luzon Colleges,Dagupan City - College Of Arts and Sciences and Criminology Department (Yes, they had 2 departments at the 4th floor). Same photo was taken during the Christmas celebration at the college before the Christmas vacation began.
This room with all those books was a faculty room for the instructors and the Office Of The Dean of Arts and Sciences, the late Dean De Vera. He sure had a huge collection of textbooks, and trophies too! I can guess they had plenty on the subject of Arts and Humanities, even in their main office. One could find lots and lots of books in those shelves and possibly in those vintage briefcases. A true sign of educated and cultured men and women.
Find more Sepia Saturday entries HERE











14 comments:
Welcome to Sepia Saturday! This is a great photo. I'm glad the FB "Like" inspired you to share it.
Great photo!
Yellow Buttercup
Thanks, Wendy,that FB thumbs up surely gave me a good surprise and turned everything alright for me in participating in Sepia Saturday. Thanks for the visit!
Thanks for your comments, Liza, welcome to my new blog. I once was your follower from another blog in 2008. :)
There seems to be EVERYTHING in this photo -- I wish I could enlarge it, go through all the shelves to see everything! Welcome to SS!
Welcome to SS; what a great start you've made. I'd love to know what books were on those shelves and what all the trophies were for.
That photo does really have a bit of everything in it! Welcome!
Warm wishes for Christmas! Judging by the fan, you were probably having a warm Christmas there.
Welcome to Sepia Saturday! Wow! Look at all those trophies! Great photo you've shared with us.
I have to be honest here and tell you that I had to look up the whereabouts of Dagupan City. Now that I know it is in the Philippines I think a doubly welcome to SS is in place! The location also explains the fan. With others I am also curious to know what all the trophies were for. Great picture!
In case you are short of Christmas wishes, the Dutch one is "Prettige Kerstdagen".
Thanks, all, for the warm welcome to Sepia Saturday! Now I'm beginning to understand the mechanics of the meme, and I hope to do better and better next time. I also hope I can zoom into that photo and see what books were in those shelves and for what competitions those trophies were awarded for,but no, sadly I can't :( lesson learned, will do that in the following SS entries.
@Peter ~ That's good of you to search further, thanks! Dagupan City is a busy city here in our province, just one town away from Mangaldan, where I currently reside. Dagupan City during the 50's to 90's was the only busy place Pangasinenses (people of Pangasinan) go to for business, for education, for trading, etc. Dagupan was coined from the word 'dagop' which meant gathering place. Now, that's just a little trivia from me and I hope that's accurate :) ~Thanks too for your contribution to my list of Christmas wishes, I'll be adding that shortly. I welcome all your feedback and ideas you may share.
May I join with all the others who have already said, "Welcome to Sepia Saturday". You have got the idea of our little weekly get-together right from the start - a fascinating old photograph (whether it is 10 years old or 100 doesn't matter) and some new thoughts : just what we need. I hope you will become a regular contributor.
Thank you for adding the Dutch Christmas wish! And for the additional info.
Welcome to Sepia Saturday. I look forward to seeing more from your photo stash. I hope you will continue to play along.
Yes I offer my welcome as well. A good theme is one that inspires both the inventive writer and the packrat collector.
Post a Comment